Sunday, August 16, 2009

COLORADO NATIONAL MONUMENT- JULY 08

I had a brief adventure and camped at Colorado National Monument near Grand Junction, CO as I was heading to the SCA Pennsic War in late July 2009. I only had one day to explore as I was meeting up with a larger group in Denver for the trip across country.

The Monument is a beautiful drive, winding through canyons, cliffs, and tunnels on it's way up and around the redrock rim. There are also many places to park & hike around. I brought my native american flute with me and stopped to play at several outcrops overlooking the valley below.

The campground at CNM is great for tenting, with sites right on the rimrock. Vistas are numerous and breathtaking.


The sun set as soon as my tent was up. I spent a night in quiet solitude, stargazing and thinking deeply, before heading out at sunrise.




No comments:

Post a Comment